8 Things Not Covered by Home Insurance in Miami
You may think that your home insurance protects you in most ways, however, that is not the case. There are many times when your insurance does not cover you, that you may not be aware of. The experts at Caliber 360, Inc. are here today to shine a light on the top 8 things that are not covered. When it comes to insurance in Miami, we are the best choice.
Home Insurance Miami Residents Can Count On
In a perfect world, your home insurance will cover absolutely everything. I mean, you are paying a decent amount of money towards the premium, so it only makes sense. Unfortunately, that is not the case. In order to get the most out of your insurance, it is important to understand how it works and exactly what is covered.
It is an unfortunate fact of life that bad things can happen to, or in, people’s homes. In the event of a tragedy, you may not be covered under your homeowners’ insurance policy. A lot of people may think they are covered for something when they really are not. It is our goal to make sure that you are prepared.
Things Not Covered By Insurance in Miami
- Injuries From a Trampoline
- Many insurance companies want nothing to do with trampolines and the risk of injuries that can occur from their use. Did you know that in 2011 over 83,000 injuries occurred causing tens of thousands to be taken to an emergency room.
- Injuries or Deaths From Pools
- If you have a pool or want one, contact your Miami home insurance agent regarding the purchase of an umbrella liability policy. This gives extra coverage should you be sued for damage to people’s property or injuries to other people. It is also highly recommended to have a strong, sturdy fence around your pool for reasons of insurance liability and safety.
- Attacks From Dogs
- With 4.5+ million dog bites every year and 885,000 people needing medical attention from those attacks, insurance companies are usually unwilling to cover these expenses.
- Destroyed or Stolen Cash
- Some people like to store cash or hide it in a specified place in their home. This may not be wise. This is because your home insurance policy may not cover you for more than $1,000 of stolen or destroyed cash.
- Fine Art, Jewelry, Rare Collections
- Items that have a worth exceeding $1,000 – $2,000 may not be fully covered. Standard home insurance policies tend to have limits on what they will pay for when it comes to higher valued items.
- Damages, Injuries From Construction Work
- A standard policy may not cover incidents caused by construction on your home. Look into getting a builder’s risk policy which offers protection from damage during construction as well as damage from wind and rain, and possibly theft.
- If covered in your policy, it is common for insurance companies to limit how much they will pay for the damage in hidden places caused by mold, fungus, or wet rot. Some companies do not offer any coverage and, for those that do, there are differences in how it is handled.
- Regardless of what causes your house to flood, you cannot expect your home and possessions to be covered unless you have a flood insurance policy. Only about 15% of those living in the United States have flood insurance. If you live in an area that has been declared to be a federal disaster area you could get monetary assistance from the government but it could be a lesser amount than what you need to fix your home.
Call Us For Home Insurance Miami
It is essential to understand what you are and are not covered when it comes to insurance. That is where the professionals at Caliber 360, Inc. come in. We offer the best insurance in Miami. Call us today for more information on how we can help you. Be one of the many who are taking advantage of the best home insurance Miami has to offer.